Nightmares of Nerath
- Mayor Dhoram gives the party an invitation to a banquet at Moonstair’s Great Hall.
- Ambassador Kaidis visits the party and instructs them on etiquette. His bodguard, Eardwulf is also present.
- The Banquet is attack by several orcs. Anak Strifeminer , Councillor Gramorn, Sir Reginald of Moonstair and servants are killed. a letter to Oglak is found on the corpse of orc leader, indicating that the attack was arranged by an ‘inside man’.
- Pethorn is kidnapped from the Cloudwatch Inn at the same time as the attack at the Great Hall.
- The surviving banquet attendees are relocated to the garrison.
- The party investigate Pethorn’s room at the cloudwatch inn and discover a closed portal.
- The party learns Kaidis has gone missing.
- The party meet Eardwulf near the shopping district who takes them to a disused shop to meet Kaidis, but they are ambushed by animated skeletons.
- Kaidis escapes Moonstair by boat and heads south down the trade river.
- The nobles believe Kaidis may be retreating to his property in Selduria and Dalthan offers his boat, The Tiger’s Claw as transport to catch him.
- The party gains Dethos’ book, A Guide to the Karkothi Empire after Dethos recognises symbols from a chest and Eardwulf’s sword.
- Brandor Everwood gives Kerranin a letter to deliver to his brother, Thoros when they arrive at the Iron Wolf Hold in Selduria.
Trade River Events
- The party are attacked by an unknown sea creature and Kuo-Toa at a River Outpost south of Moonstair.
- The party and crew are attacked by a mummy who appears from the lower decks, seemingly not aligned with the Kuo-Toa forces. When killed, he turns to dust and informs the party that he cannot die. The mummy has a missing index finger.
- The party rescue two bards at the outpost, Gregor and Grumold. They require passage to Pelarbin through Nera Bay and The Midnight Sea.
Nera Bay Events
- A band of pirates make contact with the Tiger’s Claw. Dethan and Captain Kelwood have dealt with him before and wish to give in to his demands of monetry compensation.
- The party decide that they will not surrender anything to the pirates and a fight ensues. One allied crewmember is killed. When the party wins the fight, they gain an additional ship, which they intend to take to Pelarbin.
- The party discover an imprisoned fisherman dwarf by the name of Thunderwood aboard the pirate’s ship, whom they free.
- the four surviving pirates are imprisoned aboard the Tiger’s Claw.